Friday, June 6, 2008

Blah workout today

I need to get in the pool today, but I'm just not sure that's going to happen.

I did my 45 minute bike ride this morning.  Beautiful morning, though it got pretty warm by 8:00 when I was finishing up.  It wasn't to be an incredibly difficult ride - if I had a trainer that would have been preferable, just for consistency - but it was to be a start slow with a ramp up to "middle effort" with intervals of light effort, and then a cool down the last 7-10 minutes.  That's easy to do on a trainer - hard to do on the hills of South Carolina.

So, I had no consistency at all in my effort, but it wasn't a bad workout.  Just a little "Blah."  


Plus, I stopped three times to work on my rear brake.  I just replaced the pads, and for some reason the left pad was rubbing off and on after the first 5-10 minutes or so.  Riding up and down hills is hard enough without having to pedal through intermittent soft braking.  So that slowed me down quite a big - I did finally get the rubbing stopped, but something still isn't right when I brake.  I may need different pads than I got...I need to get to the bike shop in Greenville next time I'm there.

We're off to Savannah for the weekend - Hilary's birthday today, our anniversary tomorrow.  And we're running a 5k there tomorrow morning - first actual race for me since high school cross country!

No comments: