Thursday, June 26, 2008

Lazy Blogger

Finally back.  I've been a lazy blogger, and a bit of a lazy worker-outer, as well.  Had basketball officiating camp the end of last week through the weekend, and then have been busy with work the last few days.

Officiating camp was lots of fun, and provided a good workout every day.  If nothing else, officiating is a good interval/speed workout, and I was calling 3 games a day.  Good times.

Back at it this week with an easy 4-mile run on Tuesday, and my long bike today.  I decided to move my Sunday long bike to today, and move my long run from today to Sunday, because we're heading to Myrtle Beach for the weekend.

So, two hours and 33 miles on the bike today.  Great workout, though I faded toward the end.  I went out with the goal to keep my heart rate under 150 except when climbing.  That worked for about the first half, and then it just kept increasing and I was constantly above 150 for the last half of the ride.  I just have to keep getting endurance rides in to move that heart rate down.  I also have to work on keeping my effort easy and not falling into the trap of pushing hard early on.

My pace was just below 17 mph for the 2 hours.  I was at 18.2 at the hour mark, so obviously my pace fell off quite a bit in the second hour.  Some of that was due to the layout of my ride - some pretty serious climbs in the second half today, and I was beat.

Have to keep working on my nutrition as well - I wasn't anywhere near where I need to be with what I ate this morning (breakfast burritos, come on!) and the lack of eating anything while on the ride.  On the ride, I had only most of a Gatorade G2 and a quick stop for a cup of lemonade from a road-side stand.  At least the lemonade was great. :)

No comments: