Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Long Bike Ride

Pushed my Sunday long-bike back to Monday, so Hilary and I got up early Monday morning to head out.  90 minutes is by no means an exceptionally difficult distance from a muscle fatigue point of view, but from a butt-fatigue point of view, it's where I get pretty uncomfortable.



Anyway, we rode on the back roads up to Hodges, then turned around and came back by home.  It was about an hour ride round-trip, just short of 15 miles.  I peeled off and rode another 8.5 miles in 30 minutes and completed my ride.  It was around 8:00 when I was back, and it was getting hot.  Gonna be that way this summer, I think.

Very good ride - steady effort, and I'm really getting better at gearing and being smart in how I climb and how I ride the few consistent level areas around here.  It was a nice, easy pace and allowed me simply to work on pedal efficiency and form.  Good day!

No comments: