Tuesday, July 29, 2008

In "Lighter" News

I'm happy to report that, even though I slogged through 8 miles this morning in a frustratingly slow pace, my efforts are still resulting in some desired weight loss.  And today was a milestone day.

For the first time since sometime in the mid-1990s the first number on the scale when I got on was a 

1

That's right.  I always weigh in in the morning after any workout I have.  I know that it's not a "true" weight as I'm usually down a pound or two of water weight after working out, but I like it that way.  And it still shows trends, which is all I'm after.

And the trend is good.  198.4 this morning.  WOOHOO!


That means I've hit the goal weight I established sometime in February after I hit my last goal weight of 220.  My plan now is to try to remain at 200 lbs. for the remainder of triathlon season so I can compete in the Clydesdale category, and because I think it's a good place for me to be.  But, if my body just decides to keep shedding some pounds, I'll just move into my Age Group category and be happy about it.

Really, I think I'd probably be best served in the 190-195 range, but who knows?  When triathlon season is over, I'm going to be more dedicated to the weight room for the winter, in addition to off-season endurance base and overall fitness needs relative to officiating basketball.  I have no idea what that will mean relative to my weight.

This was a long, self-gratifying post about a relatively meaningless statistic - weight.  But I'm proud and happy about it, as I think I should be.  My focus can now be totally on fitness - what's best from that standpoint regardless of weight.

No comments: