Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Slow 8 mile run

I'm going to stop labeling my runs slow pretty soon, as it appears it's just a given.

Frustrated only begins to describe how I'm feeling about my running pace.  Today it was a nice 8 mile run, at about an 11:00 pace.  That included a couple walking breaks to take nutrition and drink, plus about 1:00 waiting at the longest stoplight in the world, but seriously, it's getting ridiculous that I am not getting faster.

I'm sure it has a lot to do with my "long and slow" base-building type workouts, and the complete lack of speed work that I'm doing, but seriously, running an 8:30 or even 9:00 pace when i go out for a 4-5 mile run shouldn't be too much to ask.

I'm still hoping to get through the Greenville Tri and run the 5k there in sub-9:00 pace, aiming for 27:00 total on the 5k, but I'm going to have to get out for some fast runs between now and then if that's going to happen.

Grrr....

No comments: