Thursday, July 10, 2008

Officiating Camp


Officiating camp was great - but WOW! am I sore. Four high school regulation-length games each day (in two different doubleheaders format), only there was only 1 minute for halftime and 5 minutes between games. All that stopping and starting was not good for my legs.


It was a really good week - and a really good workout - but a reminder that I've done basically zero speed work this summer. My hammys are especially tight. I've never been a sprinter, and it is making itself apparent in the way I feel.

That said, I survived just fine, and actually had a really solid week of officiating. In fact, I was fortunate to be observed by a supervisor for one of the D-II conferences around here, and it looks like I'll have an opportunity to call some games for him this upcoming season. I'm completely and totally pumped about that. Best case scenario for me coming out of this camp is to get hired to work some D-II games in this conference, and build from there.

Woohoo!

The fact that my crew tossed a coach on quick back-to-back technicals didn't even have an impact! That guy was a bit crazy...

No comments: