Saturday, July 26, 2008

Long, Tough Ride

Finally getting back into the groove of riding. Had a couple decent workouts earlier this week, and my foot is feeling better most of the time, though it's still a bit sore after workouts.

Today was a long ride. It turned out to be a great, tough workout. Lots of climbing, some rough road to navigate, and steady rain for about 20 minutes in the middle.

I struggled a bit toward the end - not having a long ride for a while set me back, and my back was getting sore. It felt good to get off. I averaged about 17.5 mph again and came in a bit under 2 hours. I thought about swinging back around for a couple extra miles to get to 2 hours, but it just didn't seem worth it with the way I was feeling.

One thing I've really enjoyed about riding is all the great scenery there is to see. I rode over to Abbeville, up to Hodges, and then back down and around the Northwest side of Greenwood.

No comments: