Sunday, July 6, 2008

Workouts

Several good workouts since my last post:

Tuesday's make-shift triathlon - Worked out with Hilary the day after my long run by swimming 800m easy, biking 12 miles easy, and then running one mile easy.  Lots of easy, but a good workout.  I was just going to swim and then hit the easy 45 minute ride, but the run-off at the end seemed like a good idea at the time.  Unfortunately, it was probably a bit much after my long run the day before, and Wednesday's off-day was much needed.

Thursday's long run - another 7. 5 miles, but it was painful.  It included tempo workouts - 3 minutes at "race pace" followed by two minutes recovery jogging for the middle 35 minutes of the run.  I really struggled at times, but had a good workout in the end and am glad to have gotten it in.

Friday was another easy ride with Hilary of 16 miles in just under an hour.  I was supposed to swim, but just didn't get it done, other than the swimming in the pool and Guinness we did at a friend's house for a July 4 party!


Saturday was my long bike, and I hit 35 miles in just under two hours for a 17.6 mph average.  Loved it.  It was long.  For some reason MapMyRun indicates it's only about 33.5 miles, but my bike computer odometer gave me 35.  I'm sticking with that for now.

I've figured out that 90 minutes is currently all my butt is rated for on the bike saddle.  I spent a good portion of the last 30 minutes up out of the saddle, stretching my legs, trying to look cool while grimacing, etc.

Today was an off day, and for the next three I'm in Atlanta at a basketball officiating camp.  I'll have four games a day, so I'm looking forward to treating it as a speed workout!

No comments: